Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My first real blog that doesn't involve LiveJournal?


Season is slowly but surely starting up again. The last couple weeks have been (relatively) warm and sunny and the daffodils and forsythia are all prematurely blooming. But I'm waiting, hawk-eyed, for that dreaded last frost...winter is SO not done with us yet. I'm just hoping that when it finally does leave it doesn't take out all my itty bitty baby plants with it. I've been weeding like crazy, trying to make the garden look at least moderately presentable, and when the rain hits I hide out in the potting shed where I've been seeding all my spring and summer veg. I'm hoping that this here little blog will not only function as a way to track my planting schedule/calender but that it will also be a way for people to see what it is exactly that I do! It's really not all that exciting but maybe it'll help demystify backyard farming a bit :)

What I have seeded so far:More...

2/13:
  • 2 flat leeks
  • 2 flats fennel
  • 1 flat scallions
  • 2 flats arugula
  • 2 flats lettuce - 1 Rogue Romain, 1 Butterhead
2/24:

Tomatoes:
  • San Marzano - 22
  • Black Plum - 22
  • Red Cherry - 10
  • Sungold - 9
  • Isis Candy Cherry - 10
  • Chocolate Cherry - 9
  • Paul Robeson - 25
  • Mary Robinson - 25
  • Beefsteak - 15
  • Copia -24
  • Red Zebra - 16
  • Flame/Hillbilly - 32
  • Pineapple - 24
  • Carbon - 29
  • Brandywine - 15
  • Pink Pondarosa - 5
Peppers:
  • Hatch - 25
  • Jalapeno - 15
  • Cayenne - 15
  • Ancho/Poblano - 15
  • Anaheim - 10
  • Habanero - 5
  • Holy Mole - 5
  • Pepperonicini - 5
3/2:
  • Snap Peas - 72
  • Snow Peas - 72
  • Parsley - 36
  • Oregano - 12
  • Thyme - 12
  • Marjoram - 12
  • Sage - 12
  • Kale - 24
  • 2nd Succession Lettuce - 1 flat Rogue Romaine, 1 flat Butterhead





No comments:

Post a Comment